As an effective communications and campaigns specialist focussing on charitable and corporate CSR projects, I have a broad perspective on how to attract, engage and involve customers, supporters and donors.
I’ve been there
During the past 1o years , I have helped my clients to develop and manage a range of highly effective traditional and digital communications projects.
- Cruelty Free International – campaign consultant and global relationships adviser tasked with delivering worldwide campaign partnerships, including with The Body Shop in 65 countries and more than 2000 stores. I also ran the Leaping Bunny, the only global certification programme for beauty and household products that are not tested on animals.
- Anya17 (opera about sex trafficking) – support with online PR and recruitment of two social media managers.
- Harris Hill Ltd – a long-term rebranding programme that included a new website, marketing materials, e-marketing campaigns, customer research programme. Also provided executive research support.
- CR Search & Selection – PR and marketing consultant; website development, event development and management; media relations.
- The Dacorum Town Hall – pro bono advice on an audience research programme.
- J Walter Thompson – creative copy writing and content for lifestyle website.
- CSR – advised some of the UK’s leading retailers (including The Co-operative Retail, Safeway, Neal’s Yard Remedies, Liz Earle Cosmetics) on developing ethical product policies relating to animal testing, ethical supply chain management, and in-store promotions.
- Montgomery Associates – developing and managing public sector outplacement workshops.
- Shell International – marketing & delivering ‘Careers In Charities’ workshops.
- Dacorum Volunteer Bureau – trustee providing marketing and recruitment advice for a youth volunteering centre.
- The International Volunteering Programme – marketing research programme and volunteer placement management for a US-based non-profit.
- BUAV – pro bono celebrity support management; developed and delivered the concept for the UK’s first Cruelty-Free Awareness Week incorporating viral & email marketing campaigns, community fundraising and corporate sponsorship.
- Royal & Sun Alliance – lifestyle articles for property sales site and columnist for the monthly gardening section.
- HB Solutions – corporate sector headhunting and interviewing; careers research for senior commercial sector executives.
- CharityOpps – design, content and product launch for the UK’s first charity jobs board.
- Mentoring and coaching – individual clients on personal branding and career development.
My clients say they value my creativity, passion and honesty, and I only work with people who share my vision about making a difference in the world. They also know that I deliver – whether I am managing a one-off project or event, or developing a long-term international communications strategy.
How I can help you
It’s important that I understand exactly what you want to achieve before we start to work together. But if you’re not sure what you need, don’t worry; I can help you to figure that out too! A chat to discuss your plans and how I may be able to help you is always my first step.
I help my clients to:
- Identify and communicate key messages.
- Engage with and persuade target audiences.
- Research and write compelling stories and case studies.
- Design a traditional and digital marketing strategy.
- Launch new ethical products and services.
- Write and design in-print or online materials.
- Review or appoint agencies and suppliers.
- Develop concepts for and manage press calls, special events, conferences and exhibitions.
- Write and deliver impactful presentations.
- Develop persuasive funding applications.
- Identify current and emerging communications talent.
I provide strategic and ‘sleeves-rolled-up’ support, as well as coaching and training for you and your staff if you prefer to manage your communications in-house.
I would be pleased to chat to you if you need to take your charity communications to the next level, or if your business would like to identify and work effectively with charity partners.
“I have worked with Lauren on a number of projects where deadlines and briefs have changed. Not only does she have the ability to remain clear headed, never losing sight of the overall objective, she is always a pleasure to work with. A demon for detail, she retains a clear focus on her customers whether they are B2B or B2C. Her understanding of her sector combined with her tenancity means she delivers every time.” Lewis Chard – Creative Director, 20Four