As well as directly managing communications and campaigns projects during the last 20 years, I have also helped hundreds of charities to recruit some amazing communications, digital and fundraising talent.
- Action For Children - recruitment of a Digital Communications Officer.
- Anya17 (opera about sex trafficking) – recruitment of two social media managers.
- Harris Hill Ltd – executive search and support with campaigns (external adviser).
- CR Search & Selection – job search and outplacement counselling; executive head-hunting. Personally managed the recruitment of senior charity roles, including: Director of Communications,The British Lung Foundation; Director of Fundraising, RSPCA; Head of Operations, Quit; and PR Manager,The Royal Marsden NHS Trust.
- Dacroum Volunteer Centre – recruitment panel support(trustee).
- J Walter Thompson – recruitment advertising copy.
- Montgomery Associates – developing and managing public sector outplacement workshops.
- Shell International – marketing & delivering ‘Careers In Charities’ workshops.
- HB Solutions – corporate sector headhunting and interviewing; careers research for senior commercial sector executives.
- CharityOpps – design, content and product launch for the UK’s first charity jobs board.
- Mentoring and coaching – individual clients on personal branding and career development.
Charity talent search
It’s always a joy to work with people who are committed to working for charity, and I have personally advised numerous charities on their communications and fundraising recruitment campaigns.
I now help clients to devise searching interview questions, and also sit on interview panels to provide an impartial, expert view of the recruitment process.
Nurturing new charity talent
On my blog I combine my 20 years’ experience in communications and head-hunting to help you apply marketing techniques to your charity job search and career development. I’ve helped people at all levels in the public, corporate and charity sectors to develop their charity careers.
From time to time I’ll be writing posts to help you to:
- Develop a winning CV to find a new job in your current field, or to move into a new sector.
- Perform confidently at interview.
- Build and use your network for career development.
- Develop your social media footprint using LinkedIn, Twitter and social media sites that you might not know about.
- Write powerful applications to give you the best chance of getting that interview.
- Develop great content and design for your interview presentation.
Get in touch today
If you’re a charity that needs help with your interview process, don’t hesitate to get in touch for an initial chat.
“Whether she is managing a recruitment campaign or leading on a rebranding strategy, Lauren commits herself 100% to delivering a first-class outcome. She is excellent at getting the best value out of suppliers and agencies and has a sharp intellect that can get to the heart of an issue very quickly. Over the years I have valued Lauren’s advice and counsel and have absolute confidence in her judgment of people and situations.” Olga Johnson – former Director, Harris Hill Executive Search/ CEO, CR Search & Selection